- Unclog A Drain Using Vinegar – Mix 1/2 cup dry baking soda and 1/2 cup of salt together and pour down the drain. Add one cup of vinegar into the drain, and allow to foam. Set a kettle on to boil, and slowly pour into the drain. The drain should run clear, but repeat the process for tough clogs.
- Spot Clean Leather Upholstery Using White Vinegar. – Simply spray on at full strength and buff with a soft cloth until clean and dry.
- Remove Water Rings from Wood Furniture – Mix 1 part White Vinegar to 1 part Olive Oil, and apply to the affected area with a soft cloth. Rub WITH the grain, and then buff dry and clean with a clean cloth.
- Clean the Metal Plate of your Iron – Using equal amounts of vinegar and salt, scrub cold iron plate with this paste.
- Freshen Stinky Shoes – Believe it or not, you can revive stinky shoes by spraying the inside of stinky sneakers with white vinegar, and then placing them in a paper bag in the freezer for several hours. Place in a sunny warm spot to dry.
- Remove Sticky Residue – If your kiddo has covered your sofa in stickers, or your teenager has managed to get gum on the carpet, use a rag dipped in white vinegar to treat the affected area.
- Polish Silver – Soak silverware in a solution of 1/2 cup of white vinegar and 2 teaspoons of baking soda for approximately 2 1/2 hours. Rinse with cool water and dry immediately.
Whether it’s pets that have tracked mud on your leather, a busy toddler with a pack of stickers, or a teenager with stinky tennis shoes, vinegar can help! We hope these tips make keeping your home fresh and clean just a little bit easier. Need more cleaning help? Call National Dusters Today! 612-324-0283